Appointments procedure for professorships (Tenure Track)
In accordance with the Austrian Universities Act of 2002 and the Directive "Richtlinie über die Einrichtung, Ausschreibung und Besetzung von Karrierestellen gem. § 99 Abs 5 UG"
The appointments committee may ask for further documentation where considered necessary.
Please submit a complete set of application documents by e-mail to bewerbung.tenure-track(at)uni-graz.at:
Please use the following order for your application, which you should preferably submit in the form of a pdf document
- Letter of application
- A numbered list of publications including complete bibliographic details, and ordered thus:
- Edited /co-edited works
- Journal articles
- Your three most important publications
- Description of teaching activities to date
- A list of previous research projects and other relevant forms of scientific co-operation
- An exposé of intended future research activity
The University of Graz increasingly carries out, as part of its appointment procedure, bibliometric analyses. In light of this, in order to clearly match publications to their respective authors, we ask that you provide us, if applicable, with your persistent identifier (ORCID, ResearcherID) including an up-to-date profile.
Further information regarding applications:At the University of Graz, the academic age of applicants is taken into consideration. Please send us the necessary evidence by including in your CV information regarding the specific circumstances of your previous positions, as well as your care-taking responsibilities, periods of parental leave, part-time employment or other interruptions to your academic career.
A recruitment criterion regularly included in the vacancy notices at the University of Graz is the applicants' gender mainstreaming competence. Proof of the above can be furnished as follows:
- previous activities in relevant bodies and organisations (e.g. in a working group on equal treatment issues)
- gender awareness training and/or similar recurrent training
- qualified replies to questions on one's own position in the process of gender mainstreaming as part of the personal introduction interview
For more information, download the relevant position paper of the Working Group for Equal Treatment Issues of the University of Graz: http://static.uni-graz.at/fileadmin/Akgl/2_Rechtsgrundlagen/positionspapier_gm_okt2008.pdf